martyboi's corsa

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: martyboi's corsa

Post by Scuderia on Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 pm

martyboi wrote:
Scuderia wrote:Hay up Marty,

Sad i really iam sad for you mate,thats a complete bummer,you'll sort it out...you always do, Twisted Evil ,

I'll have to go an update my thread as ive also got bad news about the Cento Crying or Very sad its Friday 13th today.... did you know that?,

Cheers Don

ill get it sorted..... i hope Laughing

yea i know, and i cant be doing with any more bad luck Shocked

not too bad i hope mate

Like davenport has already said? it could be damage to the head itself?that said? it wasn't beforehand? so its hard to believe that it is now? but not impossible? i know you would have used new head bolts and torqued them up and angle tightened them so its hard to think that the gasket hasn't sealed right but stranger things have happened?just out of interest? did you check the block and head for squareness to check there was no unevenness? its also imperative that both matting surfaces were spotlessly clean using white spirit before fitting the gasket,iam sure you don't need me telling you all this Embarassed ,

Like i said i hope you get it sorted out, real soon mate,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sat May 14, 2011 1:10 am

davenport wrote:thats a shitter... proper heart sinking moments those...

is it definite the head gasket??

without wishing to be all doom and gloom there no cracks in the block or head???

either way fingers crossed its a easy and speedy rebuild mate...

bad times Stu, bad times... Mad

well its definitely a possibility, i hadn't run the engine at all since i took it off the road last year and it was a bloody cold winter we just had, I'm pretty sure thats what killed the AX... albeit not as bad.

theres also the possibility i streched the head when i was putting it back in as it was a right pita to get the mounts lined up and bolted Mad

yea i hope so mate

Scuderia wrote:Like davenport has already said? it could be damage to the head itself?that said? it wasn't beforehand? so its hard to believe that it is now? but not impossible? i know you would have used new head bolts and torqued them up and angle tightened them so its hard to think that the gasket hasn't sealed right but stranger things have happened?just out of interest? did you check the block and head for squareness to check there was no unevenness? its also imperative that both matting surfaces were spotlessly clean using white spirit before fitting the gasket,iam sure you don't need me telling you all this Embarassed ,

Like i said i hope you get it sorted out, real soon mate,

Cheers Don

yea i did everything by the book don, even removed the head bolts in the right sequence, cleaned it all up with accetone and checked the block and head with a straight edge and it seemed fine, cleaned all the oil out of the bolt holes so it didnt hydraulic up and crack the block when i put new bolts in. did the bolts up in the right sequence and in three stages using the torque wrench and then an angle guage No

mee too mate Crying or Very sad
martyboi
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat May 14, 2011 9:02 am

Hi Mate,

I thought as much....sorry i just had to check,

So its water into the oil?,so iam i right in thinking it will be sucking the water down into one or more of the bores on its downward stroke?,or as davenport said? a crack in the head Shocked

That was a wicked winter so the cold might have got to it? who knows? keep us updated as when you get your heart back into it mate,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Scuderia wrote:Hi Mate,

So its water into the oil?,so iam i right in thinking it will be sucking the water down into one or more of the bores on its downward stroke?,or as davenport said? a crack in the head Shocked

That was a wicked winter so the cold might have got to it? who knows? keep us updated as when you get your heart back into it mate,

Cheers Don

yea its not good Sad there were bubbles on the dipstick and mayo in the breather, not sure if theres water getting into the bores or not?

i really hope it's not a crack in the head or block tho No

yea will do mate Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm

martyboi wrote:

Cheers Don

yea its not good Sad there were bubbles on the dipstick and mayo in the breather, not sure if theres water getting into the bores or not?

yea will do mate Cool

Iam sure you'll get to the bottom of it you always do,is there any chance you forgot?or missed one of the head bolts when tightening them up?just a thought?,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 am

Scuderia wrote:
martyboi wrote:

Cheers Don

yea will do mate Cool

Iam sure you'll get to the bottom of it you always do,is there any chance you forgot?or missed one of the head bolts when tightening them up?just a thought?,

Cheers Don

naa i deffo got them all don, i did them all in sequence so i know i got them No
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:31 am

Hi Marty,

Well have you had time to reflect? are you opening it back up? again!,

I wish you luck mate,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:16 am

well guys its a sad day but I'm afraid the corsa is off the road for good Crying or Very sad
i just cant justify throwing money at it any more, its not all bad news tho.

Ive decided to break the car and get some money back, hopefully i may have enough to get some sort of workshop/garage built down the bottom of the garden or something?

then i can start fresh and get another project going, but this time do it from the ground up and not have it on the road as a daily drive.
not sure what it will be yet, but the workshop will have to come first.
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum