rofl you gotta have a sense of humor to drive this rofl
martyboi
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: martyboi's corsa

Post by Scuderia on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Just get yourself a paper bag.... then cut 2 eye hoes in it for driving about Laughing

Hope you get the Corsa sorted out soon mate,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:01 am

Scuderia wrote:Just get yourself a paper bag.... then cut 2 eye hoes in it for driving about Laughing

Hope you get the Corsa sorted out soon mate,

All the best Scuderia

Laughing i need somthing like that Laughing
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:19 pm

well its been a while since i last had any sort of update worth talking about lads Embarassed but i am pleased to say i have actually had my finger surgically removed from my arse and got started on it again Laughing
the insurance runs out on the ax on the 9th may so i need the corsa back on the road again, as the ax has some major head gasket/cracked block issues. i had to get recovered home the other week because the oil had sludged up the rad so much it wasn't cooling it whatsoever! i flushed it out and have put some finish dishwasher cleaner in there to keep it going for a bit longer..... smells nice too rofl

I managed to find a half carbon bonnet for sale cheap on eBay, its not in the best condition and needs a bit of work to get it looking OK again, but its allot lighter.

i also bought a magnex 4-1 manifold as I'm planning on getting a full stainless system put on there

(magnex left, OE right)

Then i tried it on there...... and found out it is another 10cm lower to the floor than the original one Mad and the original one scrapes like anything over big bumps so its no good, i have got another one coming a 4-2-1 lexmaul which should fit..... i hope Embarassed

as the bearings gone in the gearbox I'm going to change the whole box with one i got hold of months ago, so wile I'm at it i thought i would do a couple of other bits that need doing Cool

don't know if anyone remembers but when i bought the solid mount kit ages ago, the chassis bracket was the wrong one to use the mount with as it was just a mount welded on by whoever did the conversion

i literally stuck a chisel behind it an give it a couple of good thacks with the hammer and it fell off Shocked bloody surprised it never got ripped off screwloose

wella!

also got a chassis strengthening kit for it

used a bit of paint stripper

not the prettiest welding in the world, but i bet its stronger than that mount was weld

split the box off and give the engine a good wash

also give the new box a clean too

cheers, Marty
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:10 am

Hi Marty,

As Ive already said across on another forum its looking bloody good mate,for someone thats not been welding long it sure is better than some welding Ive payed for in the past,

Loving the bonnet,iam sure you will work your magic on it? what are you doing to it to tidy it up? iam guessing your going to re-lacquer it?

Keep them updates come in....its about bloody time too,

Cheers Scuderia Twisted Evil
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:31 am

Scuderia wrote:Hi Marty,

As Ive already said across on another forum its looking bloody good mate,for someone thats not been welding long it sure is better than some welding Ive payed for in the past,

Loving the bonnet,iam sure you will work your magic on it? what are you doing to it to tidy it up? iam guessing your going to re-lacquer it?

Keep them updates come in....its about bloody time too,

Cheers Scuderia Twisted Evil

Thanks bud, its definately harder to weld stuff when you cant move it around on a bench tho Laughing

yea i hope so, ill try and get a few close up pics of the dammage, both corners are dammaged, theres a fair bit of laquer peeling off behind the washer jets, and theres some cracks in the edges. tbh i did get it alot cheaper than a new fibreglass bonnet, so if worse come to worse i could just fill, sand and paint the whole thing......but i dont think i will Cool
im just going to p40 the corners, paint them black, and just rub down and re laquer the bad bits i think.

will do Laughing im off to get some bolts for the engine stand so i can try and sort out that flippin oil leak from the sump Mad i think ive changed it 4 times now.. and it still leaks, be allot easier with the engine upside down tho this time, i hope
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 am

welds look fine mate... nice to meet you the other evening too.. i`ve got a lot of respect for this corsa, as for any car thats had the hard work and hours put into it..

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:20 pm

davenport wrote:welds look fine mate... nice to meet you the other evening too.. i`ve got a lot of respect for this corsa, as for any car thats had the hard work and hours put into it..

cheers stu Cool yea it was good meeting you too mate, I will have to bring some jaffa cakes next time rofl same goes for the rattlebox bud, its definately a beast in the flesh Twisted Evil

sorry no updates tonight lads, been out and got some bolts for the engine stand and ive been umming and arring about doing this engine.... i have some steel rods for the turbo lump sitting on the wardrobe and i reckon they will be going in this lump instead, along with some fresh bearings and rings.... we will see Rolling Eyes who knows? Laughing
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 am

Hi Lads,

So you made it...... to live another day Davenport? after meeting our Marty lmfao,Most Don't lol,

Marty iam sure you will have that bonnet looking good when its finished? if it were me i would try and keep the carbon look rather than covering it and hiding its cool looks? but thats just me mate,

I have to be honest when i rebuilt my Engine it was the sump that convinced me thats where i was going to have my first oil leak after refitting it? iam not sure if yours uses as gasket? but mines didn't????? only sealer but its really important that you get both matting surfaces 110% clean to give you a head start,and if you are using a gasket i would always use sealer on bends and uneven surfaces,hope that helps,

It sounds to me now you have your hands dirty??? your keen to get back into this project??

Keep them updates coming in,

Edit: i can't get the emoticons smilies to work???????can you?? Oh and is the multi quote working yet?

All the best Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 pm

rofl what you trying to say don Laughing

yea im gonna keep it, i never liked carbon bonnets when they first come out but they have definately grown on me over the years Cool

yea ive tried everything with the sump Mad rubber gaskets, cork gaskets, gaskets and sealer, bonded baffle plates..... still fkin leaks!!!
i always get it as clean as possible, the main problem is trying to do it from under the car as theres a sandwich plate, erm... sandwiched between two gaskets, and the oil pickup pipe has to put on after that, its well awkward!! should be a peice of cake doing it with the engine on a stand...... he says Rolling Eyes

yea youre right... the bug has bitten Twisted Evil

will do don, got a couple of things done today like painting the gearbox and a couple of brackets, but thats about it as i had other stuff to sort out Embarassed ill get some pics up tommorow Cool

i think the smileys are working again, ill have a look and try sort out the multi quote Cool

cheers, Marty

martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:12 pm

right sorted the multi quote, could do with a better icon but it will do the job for the time being Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:46 pm

martyboi wrote: rofl what you trying to say don Laughing

yea im gonna keep it, i never liked carbon bonnets when they first come out but they have definately grown on me over the years Cool

yea ive tried everything with the sump Mad rubber gaskets, cork gaskets, gaskets and sealer, bonded baffle plates..... still fkin leaks!!!
i always get it as clean as possible, the main problem is trying to do it from under the car as theres a sandwich plate, erm... sandwiched between two gaskets, and the oil pickup pipe has to put on after that, its well awkward!! should be a peice of cake doing it with the engine on a stand...... he says Rolling Eyes

yea youre right... the bug has bitten Twisted Evil

will do don, got a couple of things done today like painting the gearbox and a couple of brackets, but thats about it as i had other stuff to sort out Embarassed ill get some pics up tommorow Cool

i think the smileys are working again, ill have a look and try sort out the multi quote Cool

cheers, Marty

No comment Laughing

Iam not sure about you sump pan?? but some of the rims are set up like a compression washer??? there slightly off set at an angle so when they are re-tightened it adds a little extra pressure if you get my drift?? sorry i can't remmebr the right word for it Embarassed but after years of on and off it looses that slight angle thats on the matting surface,i pulled mine out a little on the vice....but not by much mate just a little but like i say iam not sure thats how yours is set up??

I look forward to them updates,

The Bug has bitten LMFAO....as always Twisted Evil

martyboi wrote:right sorted the multi quote, could do with a better icon but it will do the job for the time being Cool

Cheers Marty Cool
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Scuderia wrote:No comment Laughing

Iam not sure about you sump pan?? but some of the rims are set up like a compression washer??? there slightly off set at an angle so when they are re-tightened it adds a little extra pressure if you get my drift?? sorry i can't remmebr the right word for it Embarassed but after years of on and off it looses that slight angle thats on the matting surface,i pulled mine out a little on the vice....but not by much mate just a little but like i say iam not sure thats how yours is set up??

I look forward to them updates,

The Bug has bitten LMFAO....as always Twisted Evil

martyboi wrote:right sorted the multi quote, could do with a better icon but it will do the job for the time being Cool

Cheers Marty Cool

lol

yea i get what youre saying mate, is it chamfer??? anyway i know what you mean rofl tbh they are all notorious for leaky sumps, ive lived with it for this long Laughing

yea sorry about the updates mate, ive not had a chance to get on here Embarassed

Laughing

**update** Laughing

well i have decided to give the engine a bit of a refresh and stick the new rods in there, so Ive been getting on with that the last few days Cool

anyways, i stuck a bit of paint on the crossmember and plates i welded in, moneys a bit tight so hammerite will have to do on the bits that cant be seen Embarassed

i also give the box a coat of high temp paint

and got the engine up on the stand ready for stripping down

fair bit of carbon build up

give the bores a quick hone to help the rings bed in

got a few bits in the post, all genuine parts too Cool
main bearings, big end bearings, rings (yea i know theres only 3 sets) water pump, top & bottom gasket set, main cap bolts, flywheel bolts, sump bolts, and rtv sealant.

also had to get some new arp bolts to fit the new rods

and some engine assembly lube

give the block a quick lick of paint

and started to strip the head down and give it a clean up

I'm ruddy glad he loves the jobs i hate rofl

as i cant afford £160 for a new set of lifters:eek: i have decided to strip them down and give them a clean up

soaked overnight in jizer

complete lifter

then i took the plunger out and give it a good clean so it moves freely again, refilled the lifter with some oil and put them back together.

then there left to soak in oil till needed

then i cleaned up the valves and ground them in, could have done with some new ones tbh but there ya go Laughing

also i managed to sell the 4-1 manifold that didn't fit No and i made a profit Twisted Evil
and i managed to pick up a lexmaul stainless 4-2-1 manifold, this will have to wait till next month to be fitted by the looks of it tho Embarassed

i think thats about it so far, more to come soon..... he says Rolling Eyes Laughing
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 pm

well after leaving the valves overnight to test for leaks, all is well Cool

then comes the tedious task of putting them all back in again

made sure i cleaned out the valve guides well

one down..... fifteen to go!

grease is good

and repeat...... and repeat...... and repeat..... Mad

all done!

also cleaned up the pistons, nice forged mahle's Cool

with any luck i should get the bottom end built up tomorrow Smile
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:03 am

Hi Marty,

Seeing as Ive already posted on this on Renault forums I'll keep it short and sweet..........WOW,you have all the respect in the world from me mate....your hard work will pay off,its a labour intensive job but well worth it and so rewarding when you do such a job yourself Twisted Evil,

Keep it up mate, its looking great!!

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Seeing as Ive already posted on this on Renault forums I'll keep it short and sweet..........WOW,you have all the respect in the world from me mate....your hard work will pay off,its a labour intensive job but well worth it and so rewarding when you do such a job yourself Twisted Evil,

Keep it up mate, its looking great!!

Cheers Don

cheers don Cool im ruddy itching to get it back on the road... then i can flog the ax Laughing
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:42 pm

soz for the delay lads, photobuckets been a right pita Mad i tried uploading some photos the other night but it wasnt having it, and this is all i can get uploaded tonight????

anyways..... i tried to match up the rods and pistons as close as possible

new circlips

mains

big end bearings in

martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun May 01, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Marty,

I thought the engine had got the better of your skills Twisted Evil,

It's looking good mate Cool ,

Looking at yours.... i now wish i had done my bottom half Sad but like i said at that time... after checking it.....it did seem to be nice and tight,I've already got Mings 1108cc that i bought as a spare partly stripped so i might just rebuilt this one completely like your doing....i might even prepare it for a little turbo Laughing ,

Nice scales...lmfao...it just goes to show you just how much difference there is between new components???,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sun May 01, 2011 4:12 pm

I thought the engine had got the better of your skills Twisted Evil,

It's looking good mate Cool ,

Looking at yours.... i now wish i had done my bottom half Sad but like i said at that time... after checking it.....it did seem to be nice and tight,I've already got Mings 1108cc that i bought as a spare partly stripped so i might just rebuilt this one completely like your doing....i might even prepare it for a little turbo Laughing ,

Nice scales...lmfao...it just goes to show you just how much difference there is between new components???,

Cheers Don

Laughing cheers don

Twisted Evil now yer talking, i think you should turbo it!!!

lmfao rofl yes officer... there for weighing.... ermm.... engine components? grin
tbh the rods were pretty good, well within a gram of each other. the pistons were quite out No it shouldnt make much difference as i wont be reving the tits of it Cool

Well Ive finally managed to get the photos uploaded :crazy:

anyways, after getting the new rods in i had to get out the vaseline.......

....... to pack the oil pump with grin this will help with getting the pump to pick up the oil straight away Cool

then it was time to get the head on

lifters in

cams in, using plenty of lube on the lobes

new water pump in

timing belt on, and all timed up

i painted the manifold with some high temp paint

and i had to check out how the lexmaul manifold fitted up Twisted Evil

bl00dy nice bit of kit TBH, fits well Cool

time to get it off the stand and mate it up to the box

flywheel and clutch on

box on

painted up the chassis rails

then it was the task of putting the lump back in, TBH it would have been easier with some help, but i just about managed to wedge it back in there

i also got some nylon bushes for the gear shifter, much better than the rubbery things that was in there..... they were a bit fubar

gives you wings ya know rofl

martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm

fantastic work mate... coming together well..

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Fri May 06, 2011 12:54 am

It gives you wings....lol,

All is very quiet?? any updates on the rebuild after running it mate?,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Fri May 13, 2011 4:10 am

sorry lads ive been hiding away licking my wounds Embarassed theres water getting into the oil so i guess the HG didnt seal propperly, i really cant be arsed to have a look at the moment, im too pissed off...
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 am

Hay up Marty,

Sad i really iam sad for you mate,thats a complete bummer,you'll sort it out...you always do, Twisted Evil ,

I'll have to go an update my thread as ive also got bad news about the Cento Crying or Very sad its Friday 13th today.... did you know that?,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Fri May 13, 2011 9:11 am

Scuderia wrote:Hay up Marty,

Sad i really iam sad for you mate,thats a complete bummer,you'll sort it out...you always do, Twisted Evil ,

I'll have to go an update my thread as ive also got bad news about the Cento Crying or Very sad its Friday 13th today.... did you know that?,

Cheers Don

ill get it sorted..... i hope Laughing

yea i know, and i cant be doing with any more bad luck Shocked

not too bad i hope mate
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Fri May 13, 2011 9:15 am

thats a shitter... proper heart sinking moments those...

is it definate the head gasket??

without wishing to be all doom and gloom there no cracks in the block or head???

either way fingers crossed its a easy and speedy rebuild mate...

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum