martyboi
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:13 am

Hi All,

Well i got the 40mm TB removed from Mings engine today and all cleaned up ready to fit to the 999 inlet manifold i already got from Ming a few weeks ago so thats that all sorted out and ready to go,

I also got the the engine and other bits and pieces all power washed today ready to store away until i either need it or i decided to rebuild it?? not sure yet,

I do plan to buy parts i need over the next few weeks when i have the cash?? probely the end of August all going well?i can then have my head skimmed then i can think about getting the engine finished off,we'll kind of as there is still many many parts i need but iam getting there,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:19 am

Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 pm

fantastic work fella...

engine internals scare the bejesus outta me!!

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 pm

martyboi wrote: Cool

davenport wrote:fantastic work fella...

engine internals scare the bejesus outta me!!

Cheers guys,

To be honest davenport this is a gift of an engine to work at Smile so that helps but don't get me wrong iam no expert and i have been guided along the way,iam 40 in a week or so Embarassed and iam learning new things and tips every day,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 pm

lol i`m good friends with a local engine builder (realistic-motorsport) and have been getting a few step by step run throughs on various stuff but the simple fact remains...

the slightest mistake or oversight = F**KING expensive hahahahahah

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:30 am

davenport wrote:lol i`m good friends with a local engine builder (realistic-motorsport) and have been getting a few step by step run throughs on various stuff but the simple fact remains...

the slightest mistake or oversight = F**KING expensive hahahahahah

That helps Cool ideally i would have loved to have been able to send the engine off to my local engine builder in my local town to be rebuilt by them but its the same old same old ....cash...and seeing iam only using it for track days and Italian events and even a little Auto testing and not event racing i can't justify the type of cash that would have taken to do the car to a standard it need to be,its just a little project for me and when its finished i can enjoy it,iam getting there..like i say i should be finished it by next Spring,

Its sure would be good if some of us guys could get a track day organised for later next year or at least meet up at the track day next year,we'll see,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 am

Hi Guys,

Well after getting the throttle body i got it all cleaned up and got the top half swoped over from mine and used the bottom half of the other as it has the larger 38mm opening i needed to match the Uno 999's inlet manifold that has already been opened up to match the larger throttle body,

The alloy mounting plate that had been made to suit it needed some new gaskets made up using some carb gasket paper so i got them knocked up last night so thats another job ticked off the list of things that needed done,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:03 am

nice tidy job there don Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:50 am

martyboi wrote:nice tidy job there don Cool

Cheers Marty,

To be honest there not hard to do when you have a template,pencil,small scissors Smile you could buy them but it took about an hour to do all 4 and at £2.99 a sheet for a 1/64mm thickness gasket paper i thought why not,on saying that i never used half of what i bought so i will always have it to do more if needed?,i tell you something i used to remember my Father making them for his Corolla out of cereal boxes Laughing ,

I was given a link to a company that checks the TB flow rates for only £10 so iam thinking of having that done?? i say think as when i had it on the rolling road last year it was running lean but i have since gave the injector flow rate screw a quarter turn...but that doesn't mean to say its still not lean?

I will find out how much it is to have TB sent there and for it to be returned but i guess it will cost more than the price of the flow rate test,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 am

lol @ cereal boxes rofl

sounds good don, let us know what it cost's as i might think of doing that myself Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:50 am

martyboi wrote:lol @ cereal boxes rofl

sounds good don, let us know what it cost's as i might think of doing that myself Cool

Laughing The thing is he did and it worked.. iam not sure just how long for though?

Here is a link to that injector cleaning a flow test company i was on about,i got the link from Ming the other day,iam not sure how much it will cost you? as you don't have spi... your have mpi,

Once the page opens if you click on "injector cleaning by post" that will give you a rough price guide,

http://injectortune.co.uk/

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrod192 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:08 am

lol @ cereal boxes
wouldnt be the first time ive used them,they are just as good as gasket paper.
anyway get that engine built and we will all meet up for a thrash at kh. Laughing
hotrod192
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Scuderia wrote:

Laughing The thing is he did and it worked.. iam not sure just how long for though?

Here is a link to that injector cleaning a flow test company i was on about,i got the link from Ming the other day,iam not sure how much it will cost you? as you don't have spi... your have mpi,

Once the page opens if you click on "injector cleaning by post" that will give you a rough price guide,

http://injectortune.co.uk/

Cheers Don

sorry don, must have mised your post Embarassed

rofl

ahh right i get what you mean now, i thought you was on about them doing the throttle body Cool thanks for the link tho, im sure it will come in handy when i get round to fitting the let Smile

hotrod192 wrote:lol @ cereal boxes
wouldnt be the first time ive used them,they are just as good as gasket paper.
anyway get that engine built and we will all meet up for a thrash at kh. Laughing

Laughing yea hurry up don...... i would have finished building it by now Rolling Eyes Embarassed grin
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:45 am

Nah probs Marty,

Hi All,

Just a quick little update,

Well i got the driveshafts and CV joints broken down and all cleaned up,i gave them a good check but they all seem to be on good order all i need is new outer CV boots and new clips all round aswell as new CV grease,although the outer CV boots have excessive cracks on them so it would stupid not to replace them while i have them off,the inner boots are good so no need to replace them,although i will finish the outer cv and regrease them later in the year,

Sorry i have no pics i did have and i uploaded them to my laptop yesterday but i have just had to recover it using the recovery disc computers eh!! how have them,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:41 pm

ha, i dont envy that job don Very Happy
yea, bloddy computers... mines decided to keep turning it's self off when it fells like it
Evil or Very Mad
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi All,

Well a little update while iam here, i was able to get the head built back up using the old valve springs to test the valves for leaks and considering i have only lapped the valves in using rough paste so far iam pleased to say there was not leakage the next morning,

I will finish lapping the valves in with smooth paste once i get the head back from having it skimmed in the next week,i tested it for leaks before hand as there is no point in having the head work done on it to find out the valves were leaking after getting the head back home to then have to send it back to have new valve seats fitted,

All going well i hope to get the new OEM valve springs ordered this week then i can move forward a little more and get the head back on the engine block,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:17 am

Scuderia wrote:Hi All,

Well a little update while iam here, i was able to get the head built back up using the old valve springs to test the valves for leaks and considering i have only lapped the valves in using rough paste so far iam pleased to say there was not leakage the next morning,

I will finish lapping the valves in with smooth paste once i get the head back from having it skimmed in the next week,i tested it for leaks before hand as there is no point in having the head work done on it to find out the valves were leaking after getting the head back home to then have to send it back to have new valve seats fitted,

All going well i hope to get the new OEM valve springs ordered this week then i can move forward a little more and get the head back on the engine block,

Cheers Scuderia

Cool wont be long now Twisted Evil
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 am

good stuff....

did you lap the valves by hand or with a machine???

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 am

martyboi wrote:
Scuderia wrote:Hi All,

Cheers Scuderia

Cool wont be long now Twisted Evil

Its getting there eh,if i could get this engine built back up and back in it would be a big leep forward,just a few more weeks,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:59 am

davenport wrote:good stuff....

did you lap the valves by hand or with a machine???

Hi davenport,

No i lapped them in the hard way Twisted Evil i only gave each valve 3 x 3 minute laps if you get my drift? using the rough paste,i will finish them off when i get the head back with the smooth then test them again just in case,

The thing is the valves iam using are the stock OEM valves that were fitted from new? i think?so they will be well harden Cool and if iam not mistaken they will never of been lapped in before as when the car is build at the factory they don't lap new valve in believe it or not?? not sure why? so once the new springs are fitted i should have a good tight set up adding a few more horses lol as the old valves had been leaking by the looks of things when i first removed the head,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:16 am

yeah it should definatly help compression especially as the skim will raise the ratio fractionally too...

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:36 am

Hi Guys,

Well iam going away for a few weeks with work so iam not going to be about so i thought i had better update my thread before i go away,

Well as i said before i got the all the CV joints stripped down cleaned and checked and new boots fitted,the inner boots were OK so didn't need to replace them just the outer boots so that now only leaves me to grease them up when the time comes and fit the rings,

Well at long last i got the cylinder head back after having it skimmed so i then ordered the new Fiat valve springs,

So after getting the head back i was able to finish off lapping the valves in and checked them again that they were leak free....which they were,i also got the new valve stem seals fitted along with the new springs so things now seem to be right and tight...German girl friend lol,

So i was then able to get the head back on using the new cylinder head gasket and locating dowels then torqued the new head bolts up... jobs a good un,

I have also sent the flywheel away to be lightened so i should have that back any day?? but iam going away with work so i will pick up when i return later in the Month,

I was going to buy a new fast road clutch but i decided not too and went for a new 3 piece Fiat clutch kit instead..

I have also ordered a new 82 degree radiator thermostatic sensor switch to work along with the 82 degree thermostat i modded some timeback but i have yet to buy the oil cooler parts and new radiator....i will have to save again!! as iam now skint.... again!! lol,

I have also fitted the new rear bumper brackets i bought back on June and got a few other silly jobs done whilst i was saving to buy all these parts so thats more jobs ticked of the never ending list of things to do,

I have also ordered a new upper front gear box mount but iam still waiting for that to be delivered but it should be here any day??

When i fitted the cylinder head and set the valve clearances with the the new 268 degree camshaft i was 3 shims short... so i have ordered 3 from a guy down South and iam hoping they should also be here any day?then i can fit them and finished that job off when i return,

That's about it, iam going away with work so will not be about for anther few weeks so i will update the thread as and when i get more parts and work done it later in the Month,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 am

its starting to take shape now don Cool catch you when you get back mate.
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:40 am

Hi Chaps,

Well a few new parts arrived whilst i was away from home and the flywheel has now been lightened Cool ,

I managed to get just under 2kg removed from the flywheel....and to be honest i wouldn't be keen on removing any more than that...some lads i know have removed 3kg Shocked iam not that mad lol...honest iam not,

Before

After

New Upper Front Gearbox Mount

So i was able to get that fitted today

New Set of Powerflex Exhaust Bushes

I decided i would order another spare clutch kit to have about....just in case

As i said before i was 3 shims short....4.00,4.35,4.50 to finish off setting up the clearances with the new 268 degree camshaft and i got them this morning so have now finished setting them,i also got the flywheel,clutch kit,rocker cover and Uno 999 inlet manifold and the 38mm throttle body fitted as well as a few other bits,

I also got the engine back up into position Cool ,i also got the sump pan fitted a sealed again as well as supersprint exhuast manifold fitted as well as all the coolant pipes,alternator and starter motor fitted Twisted Evil Cool

I have ordered a few other little bits and pieces but iam going away again so i will pick from here when iam back in a few weeks again,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum