Scuderia's Project

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 am

Update

Before i went to Knockhill there was no noise or rattle....obviously or i wouldn't have took it out..... never mind take it to Knockhill on a track night,

The oil pressure and oil levels are great so that's that ruled out,with regards to oil pick up? iam not sure about that but iam sure the sump is already baffled? i think? as i remember seeing it when rebuilding the car,the thing is i never replaced the big end shells or the connecting rod shells so its now coming back to haunt me,

Talking to a friend who is mechanic and describing whats going to him we are now 100% sure its the big ends,

There is a light rattle on idle but if you put load on the engine they get noisier and make a really unpleasant knocking sound,

This is new territory for me so iam not sure if the crank will be damaged? or if its going to needed reground? and over sized bearings used or not?, once i get it opened up and see whats going on? will i know whats what? iam hoping the crank is going to be fine and i just have to use standard shells but like i said iam not going to know until i get it opened back up...... again!,

More in the coming weeks and Months guys,what i can say is this going to be me pretty much off the road the rest of this year?....bummer,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:14 am

Hi Guys,

I should probably remove the engine to do this but iam not iam not sure i could face it again so soon after rebuilding the top end but in an ideal world yes i should remove the engine to make the job easier but iam not,

So iam just going to remove the:

Gearbox

Exhaust down pipe

Sump

Oil pump

Flywheel clutch and pressure plate

then just support the engine from above and take it from there,

Ive spent to much time and money not too rebuild the bottom half so all going well after measuring the crank up after getting it removed all i will need to do is replace the big end bearing shells as well as the connecting rod shells,

If the crank is marked? lets hope not but if it is, i will have to have it re-ground then just use over sized bearings but until i get it removed and see whats what and get it measured up i can't answer that, there's not much more i can do at this time as my health is against me at the minute but as always i will get there....i always do,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 am

Change of plan,

Well i have managed to get my garage and car sorted out just the way i like it........clean tidy and organised:d,

So i have decided to now remove the engine and gearbox:d, agian!:devil:

So.....I'll take it from there and see what happens?,all going well i should get it out over the next Week? and opened up over the next fortnight?

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 am

Oops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJg19x8_N0

So i started work on the car this morning to remove the engine and come across this problem...Oops

New bolts and washers from Fiat this morning after finding it....Problem Solved,car is running as it now should be....iam so Happy its unbelievable,

Thanks for everyone's input.....much appreciated,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am

Laughing i bet thats a relief don Cool might be worth putting a little thread lock on them bolts???

BTW I'm sure i replied to this thread the other day.... either that or I'm going mad scratch
martyboi
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 am

martyboi wrote: Laughing i bet thats a relief don Cool might be worth putting a little thread lock on them bolts???

BTW I'm sure i replied to this thread the other day.... either that or I'm going mad scratch

You bet it was Cool

Going mad????You have always been mad Marty LMFAO,

Hi All,

Well between yesterday and today i managed to get all the front and rear suspension components removed,

I plan to get the old front and rear wheel bearings press out as well as the new bearings pressed in over the next few days?all going well,

Now the rear trailing arm axle isn't the worst Ive seen and its still solid enough but it sure does need a good clean up to keep it going another 11 years🆒 so i just plane to scrap it down and sand it along with the rear trailing arms followed by a good coat of undercoat and matt black paint,i did plan to have it sandblasted but its nothing i can do myself,

So all going well i should have most of the rubbing and sanding done by the end of the weekend? then i can think about giving it a coat or two of paint then i can get all built back up........and yes before anyone says it??? i will be using my torque wrench on all the bolts lol,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:21 am

Update

Well there isn't much to update on as all i done yesterday was sand & clean the trailing arms as well as other bits a pieces that i plane to paint over the next few days along with the trailing arm axle that i hope to start sanding today?

I also got the old front wheel bearings pressed out yesterday and the new ones pressed in,

If i get time and left along over the weekend? i should manage to get all the sanding and painting iam looking to do done? i should be able to start fitted them all again and get the brakes bleed....... again?lost count just how many times i have bleed this cars brake system,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:13 am

Hi Chaps,

Well i made good progress yesterday sanding and grinding what i had removed during the week and i even got some undercoat applied to some of parts too,

So all going well? i hope to get a few coats Matt Black to the axle and trailing arms later today? i will update this thread with pic's later tonight before or after Top Gear...lol...can't miss watching the Jezzer,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:23 am

Hi All,

Well i finished early today as Ive burnt myself out:d,apart from that the New Series of Top Gear is on tonight:cool: so i thought i would update my thread early and have a lazy evening:cool:,

Well i got the trailing arms and axle sanded and undercoated and finished off using some Matt Black painted that i brushed on by hand,

I also got the hubs, front brake dust plates and wishbone antiroll bar brackets painted Black using some spray paint just to freshen them up,

I also sanded and primed the antiroll bar and started painting it Red by hand using a sponge roller today, although its still to be finished as it was a little awkward to do all in one go:crazy:so i'll finished it off tomorrow? all going well,

Like i said? i hope to finish off painting the antiroll bar tomorrow then i can think about getting it all back together and fitting the other new parts and coil over kit:cool:,when this will be iam not sure? but any spare minute i get I'll be there:devil:,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am

Hi All,

Well....Ive not had much time with the Fiat this week:crazy: but i have manged to get some work done on it yesterday and today:cool:,

I got the rear trailing arm axle and trailing arms fitted yesterday,

I also got the rear brake flexi pipes all connected back up today and also had time to fit the new brake shoe spring kit i bought for the rear brakes as i never replaced them when i did replace the shoes drums and backing plates a while back,

I also got the new rear bearing hubs fitted,

I also got the drums and brakes discs all cleaned up using some wire wool as they had got a little rusty:crazy: after taking the car to storage a Month or two ago in the rain... so it then sat there rusting up for two Months:crazy:,

More later in the week,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:07 am

Update

Well i got the rear suspension finished off this morning....so all i have left to do on the rear is tighten up the main trailing arms bolts but i can't do that until its back down on it wheels,

So i then moved onto the front this afternoon and got the ant iroll bar and new wishbones and powerflex bush kit fitted as well as the new trackrod ends but iam afraid that's all i had time for today,

More over the weekend,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:59 am

Hi Chaps,

Well iam pleased to say i got the front finished off today and the new coilover kit fitted and the brakes bled,

Sorry about the quality of the images...Doh!

With it all being new suspension i plan to take to company local to me called Pro Grip to have the tracking and camber set up but the ride height will be set up by me....fcking low lmfao,

I still have a few jobs to do before then but all going well i should get it set up late next week?

As soon as i get it back down on its paws i will post up some pic's...as always,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 am

Hi All,

No Pic's today...Ooow lol,leave it with me and I'll get some over the weekend,

Well..... what did i do today? i checked all me work that's what i did!!!!, i checked and tightened all the bolts!! lmfao...and iam pleased to say there all now rightintight,

Like i said the other day i will leave the setting up of the height camber and tracking to pro grip in Falkirk late next week but what i did do was get the car back down onto its paws and straight away there was a problem! i had set it to low lol, the tyres where near into the wheels arches as i run Proxey Toyo R888 185/60/13 that are a little border line on the Cento so what i did was adjust the height so the car is sitting pretty much even on about a 50mm drop across the board,i then took it out for a test drive to see if there were any buffing issues? which there wasen't....Cool....Well Pleased,

I have to be honest....even though i only bought the FK Silverline coilover kit and with them not being the most expensive kit out there they still make a world of difference to the car.....WOW,the handling and firmness makes the car more nimble and more responsive when cornering.... and its not even set up right yet!,

I have also got to grips with the fueling problem i had?? what its been was i fitted 2 of them silly in-line fuel filters one before the low pressure pump and one before the throttle body but what i did today with remove them both and replace them with a filter between the fuel tank and the in-line low pressure turbo pump with a high flow motorsport sytec filter and mounting bracket, it seems to have stopped the fueling problem?,so.... i think the two in-line filters were starving the throttle body of fuel? not sure to be honest?, but what i can say for sure is when i was out today for a drive...... it never once held back...... so fingers crossed thats the end of that,

I still have a few silly jobs to do but i will update the thread as always and let you know later in the new week how i get on at Pro Grip after having the height camber toe & tracking set up,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:52 am

well well donny boy you have been busy Twisted Evil nice work on the painting, it looks good Cool
good move getting the suspension set up propperly, tbh i need to get mine done at some point.... i used a ladder to set up the tracking on mine coz im a bit pikey! grin rofl

martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:23 pm

martyboi wrote:well well donny boy you have been busy Twisted Evil nice work on the painting, it looks good Cool
good move getting the suspension set up propperly, tbh i need to get mine done at some point.... i used a ladder to set up the tracking on mine coz im a bit pikey! grin rofl

Hi Marty,

I sure have Cool ,

If iam honest i was only going to have the tracking set up? but after talking to friend it makes sense to have it all set up right!,iam now comfortable with my ride height so Pro Grip can now set it up round that and we'll take from there,i have been assured it will make a world of difference so i will report back on Friday?,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 am

Just a quick update to say i managed to get Cento booked into Pro Grip this Friday afternoon so i will report back after i have the height camber and tracking set,

All the best Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 am

Scuderia wrote:Just a quick update to say i managed to get Cento booked into Pro Grip this Friday afternoon so i will report back after i have the height camber and tracking set,

All the best Scuderia

Twisted Evil let us know how you get on bud Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi All,

Well I got the Fiats steering all set up today.... what a difference!,WOW!,

I'll not go into to much detail but the Technician has set it up a little out of the manufactures specification range but nothing outrages giving me silly tyre wear but enough to give me a little more grip & speed when cornering?? i guess i will just have to wait and see whats what when i get it out on the track?, but on the way home it did handle very well when cornering,

If i feel i need it? he said he could go a little more aggressive with camber and toe but like i said then you start going into hard tyre wear? i'll wait and see how i get on with it?and take from there?,

We couldn't set the Caster because i don't have adjustable top bearing mounts but that might be something i'll look into? if needs must?,

Pro Grip

Hunter Imaging System

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDfGS_q0yk

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:44 am

beam me up scottie! that alignment machine looks like something of star trek Laughing

martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:49 pm

martyboi wrote:beam me up scottie! that alignment machine looks like something of star trek Laughing

It sure is a good 4 wheel alignment machine........ Cool, Its done wonders to the Cento......hopefully i will gain more when i get out on the track Evil or Very Mad Can't Wait!,

Iam thinking about fitting Seicento Sporting top mounts as the Seicento has PAS and there mounts are the same as mine but you can also adjust Caster on them where as you can't with mine Very Happy so i hope to get a set soon so i have them fitted for next year,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 am

Fiat Update

Well iam not not going to be able to make the next track event with the Alfa Club in August.....although never say never:devil:,

I have chosen to spend my cash having the Cento's vernier pulley swung along with a few runs on the rollers on Friday 12th August:cool:,so if i do have enough cash i'll try my best to make it?,but i doubt it!,

So Hopetoun House the Scottish Italian Car & Bike Show on the 14th August will be my last outing this year before i SORN it when the tax runs out at the end of August,then its time to spend some more cash and do a little more....:devil:

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:07 am

Hi All,

Well the Fiat is now booked onto the rollers later in August:cool:, so all going well we should be able to get a little more out of the 268 degree Colombo Bariani camshaft i have fitted? only time will tell,

Anyone For Some Negative Camber......Yummy

New Sytec High Flow Fuel Filter

Iam pleased to say since i fitted this high flow fuel filter a few weeks back Ive now not had any fuel running related problems

Since i replaced the suspension all round i also did away with the old stock rear bump stops as they were goosed so i thought i would replace them with a set of universal powerflex bump stops,

Some Fiat Olio Stickers

Sparco Stickers

My oh bought a new pair of ROCKETDOG shoes and got this sticker along with them:d.........and i found it Very Fitting,

That's All Folks,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 am

Hi All,

Well i bought myself some 4mm 1000mm x 700mm Lexan Polycarbonate as i was keen to keep up with the rally look!.. so some polycarb windows with slider openings was in order:cool:,

It was then time to break out the jigsaw drill and sanding block from retirement to get the main window shape and openings cut out along with some slider runners:devil:,

4mm Polycarb Main Window & Runners

3mm Polycarb Slider Window

Windows Finished....Open and Closed Position

That just leaves me to fit them....which Ive already done!, when mocking both windows up but sadly had to take them back out to build them up,they'll be bolted and riveted in place but sadly Ive run out of time:( should get at it again over the weekend?all going well,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 pm

excellent!!! absolute respect for the DIY poly`s...

its something i`m tempted to do to save a bit of cash when the time comes...

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:06 pm

davenport wrote:excellent!!! absolute respect for the DIY poly`s...

its something i`m tempted to do to save a bit of cash when the time comes...

Cheers Pal,

A man of your caliber with manage with ease...the 1000mm x 700mm 4mm polycarb sheets i bought were £50 each Shocked its strong stuff though....Ive played about with an off cut most of the week and i can't break it! Cool,

I could have been more clinical and took the square look away from the runners but i opted not too in the end......to bloody lazy Embarassed Smile I seen pre-moulded slider kits for sale for £35+ vat plus p&p online Rolling Eyes and thought fck that lol.... i'll make them myself, should get them bolted and rivet in at the weekend,

Cheers Don
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum