Scuderia's Project

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by davenport on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:10 am

xmas has come early!!!


davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

Posts : 92
Points : 3371
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Santa's come and emptied his sack prematurely again santa grin getmecoat
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:16 am

davenport wrote:xmas has come early!!!


Smile i had to use my own hard earned cash for those but fingers crossed the oh has seen my hints that I've left on our ebay account lol???

Cheers Scuderia
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:19 am

martyboi wrote: Santa's come and emptied his sack prematurely again santa grin getmecoat

LMFAO, he can come back as much as he wishes...... i don't mind him emptying it Twisted Evil,

Cheers Scuderia
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Laughing i wish he'd bring some stuff for my car Crying or Very sad
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 am

martyboi wrote: Laughing i wish he'd bring some stuff for my car Crying or Very sad

Oh dear your making me feal guilty now Marty...........................................NOT lol Laughing stop spending on that bloody house of yours and you might get some work done on the corsa Twisted Evil,

That reminds me i have lots of bloody DIY after Xmas to look forward too.....those kittens i got the oh have stripped the wallpaper for me and its only been up a year Mad Sad,

I hope to be finished the Fiat at around the end of January then i can think about testing it then think about looking for a trailer to suit it? still not sure on that,we'll see,

Cheers Scuderia
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am

Laughing yea youre right, i really gotta pull my finger out n get it done Embarassed

do think i could get a few kittens to strip my fkin woodchip for me Smile

Twisted Evil hell yea, its about time you enjoyed the fruits mate
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:01 am

martyboi wrote: Laughing yea youre right, i really gotta pull my finger out n get it done Embarassed

do think i could get a few kittens to strip my fkin woodchip for me Smile

Twisted Evil hell yea, its about time you enjoyed the fruits mate

There's no rush mate iam sure you'll back on the road in no time,

woodchip Shocked that's a b@st@rd to remove....even the kittens would struggle to stripe that stuff,were lucky as this house we moved into never had woodchip but other houses we have lived in have and i found the easiest way to remove it was using a steamer of hot water in a pump spray bottle with fairy liquid added then just soak it.... although you are better off breaking the paper in places so you get batter penetration,

I hope to get the Fiat down to my local weight bridge to get it weight around Xmas time all going well....we'll see,

Cheers scuderia
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:07 am

Smile yea i hope so, it could have been done by now if i had pulled my finger out Embarassed

tell me about it screwloose i got a wallpaper scorer now and just use some walpaper stripper stuff, comes off quite easy Cool (apart from on plasterboard walls!! Mad )

sweet, be interesting to know the outcome Cool
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:23 am

Hi All,

Happy New Year,hope you all had a Great Xmas and here is wishing you all the best for 2011,

Well ive not had much time with the Fiat but i have managed to get some work done it,

I have managed to get the gauges fitted in the new pod and mounted on the dash and got all the wires routed and wired up too,




I more or less only have one more job iam looking to do on the car before testing it on the rollers and have it set up then have it tested then weighed,

I ordered a part weeks ago to finish it off but iam still waiting on it to be delivered....i think its been lost in the Xmas post with this bad weather? could be wrong,but as soon as i have it and have it fitted i will update the thread as always,

I did treat myself to some new spanners over the holidays as they were half price at Halfords at £39.00,




As i said weeks ago i had a few finishing touches to make on the oil cooler kit i fitted by clipping the hoses in place to help secure them in place using some p-clips i ordered online which is now done,



I also cut out some of the blanking plates on the front bumper to let the air flow into the oil cooler... not too much as over cooling in not recommended,






Me being me lol i also ordered some more stickers to help finish of the rally look,






The Orange trim pieces that are a part of my front bumper where a little scuffed up so i had some time to get then primed and painted,



All going well i should be able to get it on the rollers later this Month to get vernier set up then i can think about having it weighed then tested but like i said iam still waiting on one more part then i can start to enjoy driving it again,

Cheers Scuderia







avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 am

well well well, you have been busy dony boy Cool keep up the good work! its looking good Twisted Evil
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:40 am

martyboi wrote:well well well, you have been busy dony boy Cool keep up the good work! its looking good Twisted Evil

Hi Marty,

I would have loved much more time with the Fiat over the holidays but like a said iam still waiting on this last part....the cherry on the icing so to speak Smile but its still not here Sad the company that sent it said that its been held up in the post due to the bad weather and postal back log but to be honest it still should have been here by now?i think thats now been 16 days Rolling Eyes so Ive told them to get another sent out Twisted Evil and if the other turns up I'll send it back,

Cheers Scuderia

avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:04 am

Thats the only thing i dont like about xmas, im still waiting for some stuff to turn up Mad (sadly not for the car tho Embarassed )
It better turn up soon... Im dying to see this "top secret" mod Cool

avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:22 am

martyboi wrote:Thats the only thing i dont like about xmas, im still waiting for some stuff to turn up Mad (sadly not for the car tho Embarassed )
It better turn up soon... Im dying to see this "top secret" mod Cool


I got mail last week i ordered the weekend of that bad snow on the 24th November Shocked i kid you not and it was all 1st Class,

I have had the car running today with the new gauges fitted and on idle the oil pressure is sitting at between 30-40psi on idle and between 50-60psi over 3000rpm which iam happy with,my oil pressure will have dropped a little with fitting the oil cooler as the pump will be having to work just that little bit harder i believe? but the true test will come when i get out on the track Twisted Evil can't wait,


I haven't monitored the oil temp yet but i hope to do a static test over the new few days to see whats what but the car is idling and sounding sweet but again the true test will come when its out on the track,

Cheers Scuderia

avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 am

ruddy eck Shocked the snow was pretty bad up there tho wasnt it? we had a bit down this way but not much tbh, but its been fcukin freezin Laughing

sounds good to me, hope it all goes well bud Twisted Evil
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 am

Hi alll,

Well thats more or less all the static testing iam going to do on the car apart from hook up the laptop over the weekend......which will be interesting as ive never used this diagnostic program i have, but it seems to be straight forward enough.....i hope lol,

There is still no signs of oil or coolant leaks after the rebuild and the fitting of the new oil cooler and all the gauge sensors so touch wood it stays that way for while as there is one thing i hate, its a leak of any kind,

Cheers Scuderia

avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Scuderia wrote:Hi alll,

Well thats more or less all the static testing iam going to do on the car apart from hook up the laptop over the weekend......which will be interesting as ive never used this diagnostic program i have, but it seems to be straight forward enough.....i hope lol,

There is still no signs of oil or coolant leaks after the rebuild and the fitting of the new oil cooler and all the gauge sensors so touch wood it stays that way for while as there is one thing i hate, its a leak of any kind,

Cheers Scuderia


Laughing im sure youll get the hang of it mate Cool

Cool good stuff, mine didnt start to leak till the first time i overtook someone and the thermostat opened on the sandwich plate rofl
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:37 pm

martyboi wrote:
Scuderia wrote:Hi alll,

Well thats more or less all the static testing iam going to do on the car apart from hook up the laptop over the weekend......which will be interesting as ive never used this diagnostic program i have, but it seems to be straight forward enough.....i hope lol,

There is still no signs of oil or coolant leaks after the rebuild and the fitting of the new oil cooler and all the gauge sensors so touch wood it stays that way for while as there is one thing i hate, its a leak of any kind,

Cheers Scuderia


Laughing im sure youll get the hang of it mate Cool

Cool good stuff, mine didnt start to leak till the first time i overtook someone and the thermostat opened on the sandwich plate rofl

Laughing thats my worst fear....planting it, exiting a corner then leaving its guts back on the track behind Shocked Laughing
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:45 am

Hi All,

Well i have managed to get the laptop partitioned so i could run this diagnostic test that i did at the weekend,

With my laptop being Vista it wasn't having it with the startrek program iam using Twisted Evil so have now installed XP just so i could do this test at the weekend,not that i understand the data logs i saved when doing it Embarassed although iam slowly getting my heed round it:d but so far so good with nothing to report,

Its simple enough to run the program all you need to do its selected your Model,which in this case is the Punto 55 1108cc Fire that uses the same engine spi unit and ecu so it works a treat🆒


Tick logging on so it saves data



Selected your model



Here is a pic from a cold idle



Here is a pic at running temp




Here is a little video of it set up and running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r55knaYo4AA

Here are some pic's of the stickers i bought over the holidays Embarassed ,i did change the bonnet layout as i had Alitalia stickers on there but i never really liked the look of them so decided to remove them,






As i said few posts back i have been waiting on a part to finish the car off Cool and iam now pleased to say its here, so all going well i should get it fitted over the next week then i can update the thread,

Cheers Scuderia
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:29 am

Scuderia wrote:
Laughing thats my worst fear....planting it, exiting a corner then leaving its guts back on the track behind Shocked Laughing

Laughing

Scuderia wrote:Hi All,

Well i have managed to get the laptop partitioned so i could run this diagnostic test that i did at the weekend,

With my laptop being Vista it wasn't having it with the startrek program iam using Twisted Evil so have now installed XP just so i could do this test at the weekend,not that i understand the data logs i saved when doing it Embarassed although iam slowly getting my heed round it:d but so far so good with nothing to report,

Its simple enough to run the program all you need to do its selected your Model,which in this case is the Punto 55 1108cc Fire that uses the same engine spi unit and ecu so it works a treat🆒


Tick logging on so it saves data



Selected your model



Here is a pic from a cold idle



Here is a pic at running temp




Here is a little video of it set up and running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r55knaYo4AA

Here are some pic's of the stickers i bought over the holidays Embarassed ,i did change the bonnet layout as i had Alitalia stickers on there but i never really liked the look of them so decided to remove them,






As i said few posts back i have been waiting on a part to finish the car off Cool and iam now pleased to say its here, so all going well i should get it fitted over the next week then i can update the thread,

Cheers Scuderia


Thats pretty sweet don, should save a bit of head scratching if anything does go wrong Cool

More stickers!! Shocked Razz like it tho Very Happy

Ooooh yea! now get it fitted, i cant wait noooo longer Smile
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:41 am

Me and my stickers eh Embarassed

Yeah its a pretty good program, so it should help me out when needed,

I would be fitting my new part now if i could but i don't have the time,but i should be able to get at it this weekend,if i feel up to it? should be able too... i will do a guide? as it might help others?

Cheers Scuderia
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 am

Scuderia wrote:Me and my stickers eh Embarassed

Yeah its a pretty good program, so it should help me out when needed,

I would be fitting my new part now if i could but i don't have the time,but i should be able to get at it this weekend,if i feel up to it? should be able too... i will do a guide? as it might help others?

Cheers Scuderia

Cool

Twisted Evil ooooh yea! looking forward to it mate Very Happy
avatar
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Posts : 381
Points : 4117
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by davenport on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

crikey!! you move quick buddy...

things are looking good...

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

Posts : 92
Points : 3371
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Scuderia on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 pm

davenport wrote:crikey!! you move quick buddy...

things are looking good...

Hi davenport,

Its just getting to the stage where iam looking to get it all finished off,not that Ive had enough but its good to be finish spending on it at long last,

I should have another update later today? probably tomorrow? of another toy i got a few weeks ago but Ive had a few problems with fittings for it as there none metric UNF tpi:x

I also needed a mounting bracket welded i made to mount this new part but with my welding being p!sh Embarassed i got our Marty to do the welding for me Cool so sending it down from up here and waiting for it to return added a few more days but iam pleased to say its all go go go Very Happy

Cheers Scuderia
avatar
Scuderia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 389
Points : 4420
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 47
Location : Bonny Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by davenport on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:29 pm

good stuff matey...

i think i`ve got about another month to get myself back on an even keel financially and i can start thinking about progressing on mine again... got a few little jobs on the go at present but still only tip-toeing along rather than striding thru the project hahahaha

good welding = practice...


davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

Posts : 92
Points : 3371
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum