Scuderia's Project

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Scuderia's Project

Post by martyboi on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Nice one Twisted Evil its all comming together now don, i should think you'll have in and running next time youre off Twisted Evil
martyboi
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://trackcarz.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:51 pm

the engine looks absoluetly stonking fella... great work...

do you have any set times or figures from before this rebuild for comparison?? or will it be a case of sticking your foot down and shouting...

"it never f**king went like thiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS!!"

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:58 pm

martyboi wrote:Nice one Twisted Evil its all comming together now don, i should think you'll have in and running next time youre off Twisted Evil

Hi Marty,

Eh its not far off that time... i still need the new radiator?which has been ordered so it will be here for me when iam next home,

I still need to get the oil cooler kit,vernier pulley,and a stainless steel pipe made up with a few bents and step ups built in to join the exhaust system up??which i was in the progress of sorting out on Friday but i still need to double check my measurments before i place the order,once i get that lot fitted then i can top it up with oil & coolant and get the timing belt & aux belt fitted and sort out a few other little bits a pieces it will be Broom Brooom time Cool can't wait,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited by Scuderia on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 am

davenport wrote:the engine looks absoluetly stonking fella... great work...

do you have any set times or figures from before this rebuild for comparison?? or will it be a case of sticking your foot down and shouting...

"it never f**king went like thiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS!!"

Cheers mate,i have to say as much as its only a tin of paint it has made a big difference...sure is cleaner than it once was thats for sure Embarassed i think there was more oil around the engine than there was in it Laughing

No i have to set times...all i have is the video footage and lap times when i had it out at Knockhill last September on a very very wet day out,

I do have a print out for its last day out on the rollers...which it was able to pull 73.5bhp...54bhp from standard so anything more than 73 is going to be bonus,it sure is lighter than it once was Twisted Evil so thats going to help,

I guess i will have to wait and see what happens when i get on the rollers in the new year Smile can't wait,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:49 am

Twisted Evil how much do you think it weighs now?? the power to weight ratio must be fairly healthy Cool

Scuderia wrote:

Hi Marty,

Eh its not far off that time... i still need the new radiator?which has been ordered so it will be here for me when iam next home,

I still need to get the oil cooler kit,vernier pulley,and a stainless steel pipe made up with a few bents and step ups built in to join the exhaust system up??which i was in the progress of sorting out on Friday but i still need to double check my measurments before i place the order,once i get that lot fitted then i can top it up with oil & coolant and get the timing belt & aux belt fitted and sort out a few other little bits a pieces it will be Broom Brooom time Cool can't wait,

Cheers Scuderia

all good stuff don Cool i suppose theres one good thing with being away, youre not sitting in waiting for parts to arrive Smile
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:41 pm

martyboi wrote: Twisted Evil how much do you think it weighs now?? the power to weight ratio must be fairly healthy Cool

Scuderia wrote:

Hi Marty,

Cheers Scuderia

all good stuff don Cool i suppose theres one good thing with being away, youre not sitting in waiting for parts to arrive Smile

Hi Marty,

Iam not sure what it weighs Question as soon as i know so will you Smile a guess would be around 600-650kg?? just a pure guess,

A little update whilst iam here,

As i said a few threads ago i was a few shims short when setting the inlet and exhaust clearances for the new 268 degree camshaft thats i bought from another member,so they are now fitted,

I also bought an Avanti vernier pulley off another member on Fiat Forums, i believe it has done the rounds on there but its now fitted along with a new timing belt kit i bought Months back and all going well i will get it all set up later in the New Year when i have the time and cash to get it booked into the rolling road,i have also fitted a new aux belt,camshaft oil seal and o-ring that i got with the new uprated head set i bought,

I ordered a cheap but new radiator as the other was a little beaten up....can't be having that,

So i tarted it up a little.... come on you know me by now? ive lost it....along time ago lol,i know you'll not see it all that much behind the bumper but it should show a little through the grill,

So i got that all fitted and got the cooling system all filled back using some fresh antifreeze,

Back the way it should be at long last,

I hope to move onto the exhuast and get it fitted and finished off over the next few weeks?? we'll see?

That's about it for now,

All the best Scuderia.
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrod192 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:28 pm

looking fantastic,makes all the hard work worth while when it turns out really nice.
hotrod192
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:55 am

hotrod192 wrote:looking fantastic,makes all the hard work worth while when it turns out really nice.

Cheers hotrod Smile

Its no way at the standard of some going about but iam happy so i guess thats what counts,just a few more little parts i need then i can think about firing it up Cool

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:25 am

Have to agree with hotrod mate, it's looking awesome!
liking the new rad too, little bits like that make all the difference Cool

now get that exhaust on Twisted Evil
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 am

martyboi wrote:Have to agree with hotrod mate, it's looking awesome!
liking the new rad too, little bits like that make all the difference Cool

now get that exhaust on Twisted Evil

Cheers Marty,

The new stainless steel exhaust section should be here tomorrow?? so all going well if i have the weekend off? i will get it fitted and clamped on,

I have already fitted the stainless steel manifold and the oem cat and my Ashley twin DTM centre exit using the new Polly bushes Smile its now just a case of fitting the new section and tightening things up......and the jobs a good un,

I hope to get the oil and oil cooler sorted out over the next Month then i can think about starting it up Twisted Evil Cool

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi All,

Well the new stainless steel exhaust pipe i had made up to join the cat to my Twin Ashley DTM centre exit back box arrived today so all going well i will get it fitted at the weekend and that will finish off the exhuast system,

Stainless steel pipe 1.5m x 50mm fitted with a step down to 40mm with a 3" step over,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:59 pm

that shoud help free up the gasses nicely Twisted Evil
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:50 am

martyboi wrote:that shoud help free up the gasses nicely Twisted Evil

It should do the trick the very best,i done away with the middle box as it was no bigger than i tin beans..... so its now just the stainless manifold then the oem cat then this stainless section joined to my Ashley twin DTM centre exit so apart from the cat its pretty well a straight through pipe but the cat should still give me the back pressure thats needed,

Iam away after this weekend again so there will be no more updates from me for a while but next on the agenda is the oil cooler and oil as well as a racing battery and a few new instrument gauges and pods to match,

See you about all the best Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:24 am

Hi Chaps,

Well i had some time on my hands yesterday and today to cover in the sunroof opening from the inside using some 3mm tread plate and fixings i ordered at the start of the week,

Before

I bolted it up into place after i drilled the holes on both the plate and the sunroof surround then just touched up the bare steel after drilling the holes to keep the corrosion at bay then used some sealant to keep the bolt holes water tight,so thats another job ticked of my list of things to do,

After

Iam still waiting on some more parts to arrive and if i have time i will do another update between now and Sunday,

Cheers Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:04 am

nice tidy job there don Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 am

Hi Guys,

Well a little update whilst iam at home this weekend,

Well after some thought about fitting a sump guard i decided to go for it to help keep up with the look iam trying to achieve not that I'll ever use it,

Now i decided to use a 5mm Mini hardened alloy sump guard so made and welded up some brackets welding and bolting them to the steering arm hanging brackets at the rear and bolting them to the front bumper brackets...don't laugh at my welding as its p1sh i had to gas for the mig so i was just using flux cored wire making it even harder for me when i can't weld at the best of times,as much as the guard is for a Mini i think ive managed to pull it off covering most of the sump,belling housing and exhaust manifold,

I have also just ordered a complete Oil cooler kit so all going well it should be hear later this week?

I have also decided to also keep my battery in the engine bay so ordered a new lightweight racing battery so all going well that should also be hear later in the week?,its 5kg lighter than the one i was using and is only 100mm in height so that should help,

I will get some pics put up after the they arrive the next at home,

With the battery being smaller i also ordered shorter bolts to clamp it down,

I have also decided to fit a oil temp,oil pressure and battery gauge so i ordered a triple pod to mount them on the dash,

I have also ordered a set of diagnostic leads that i can use along with the laptop to monitor things if needed?

Some fresh oil....yes before you say it....it comes with a free hairy pussy lmfao

I will try and keep this threaded updated as much as i can but being away from home doesn't help,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Laughing love the sump guard don, it looks spot on mate Cool
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:25 pm

martyboi wrote: Laughing love the sump guard don, it looks spot on mate Cool

Cheers Marty Cool

Well the lightweight battery and 13 row 190mm oil cooler kit i ordered arrived so all going well i should get it fitted this weekend Cool so i should get it running for the 1st time in over a year this weekend,

All going well i will get a video? so if i get time i will update the thread later this weekend,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi All,

Well things didn't go to plane today as the mood wasn't that great after having 2 teeth extracted this morning but i did manage to mount the cooler where the air flow is best at that side after i remove some of the blanking vents on that side of the bumper...should get that done later tonight as the bumpers in the house:d

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:43 am

Has it really been that long since it was last run Shocked cooler looks good mate, have you managed to get it running yet ? Twisted Evil
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 am

martyboi wrote:Has it really been that long since it was last run Shocked cooler looks good mate, have you managed to get it running yet ? Twisted Evil

Hi Marty,

It has been that long.... but it felt longer for me but the day has now came Very Happy

Well after fitting the oil cooler kit yesterday i never had the time to turn it over as Stef turned up with some 15w40 oil he had bought but never used so after talking most of the afternoon i never had much time to do any more work,, so i finished things off today......but yes i did get it fired up and did some checks but thats all i had time for but so far so good Cool ,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martyboi on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Twisted Evil hell yea! a good job well done mate, sounds like a beast Cool so when you taking it out for a run then??? Very Happy
martyboi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davenport on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:44 am

its aliiiIIIIIIIIVE!!!

davenport
Stig Of The Dump
Stig Of The Dump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 am

Hi Lads,

Sorry for the late reply but ive been away from home,

Not had any time with the car since i first turned it over apart from this afternoon but it started today first turn of the key....so happy days.

Ive ordered more parts for it last week but with the Snow we've had up here on the East Coast we've had no post from last Friday so no updates until around Xmas time when iam next home,

All the best Scuderia

Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scuderia on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Lads,

Just a little update as the Tim Gauges i ordered arrived this week,

Oil Pressure gauge

Oil Temp gauge

Volt gauge

Iam way to busy to get them wired up but all going well i will get some time around Xmas,

Since then I've ordered more parts but more on them around Xmas time,

Cheers Scuderia
Scuderia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum